Trailer Build - Week Nineteen - March 19, 2017


Some last details to the Galley are needed to keep things in place when traveling down the road.  I decided to go with bolt latches to hold the drawers and doors in place and since I flush mounted the drawer fronts without face frames, I needed something for the bolt to slide into.  I planned on running the bolt into the counter-top, but wanted some kind of grommet to keep the bolt from damaging the counter-top and would securely keep the bolt from rattling around; the grommet also needed to be low profile so the drawer front could pass over the grommet.  I found this PEX fitting which is an end plug that had the correct inside diameter to receive the latch bolt.  This fitting had a relatively low profile head and all I had to do was drill out the cap to receive the bolt, then drill the counter-top and insert the PEX fitting.  Works pretty good and I was please the fitting came in black to match the counter-top.

Bolt latches installed on silverware and stove drawer

Hole drilled through counter-top

PEX Fitting Profile

Hole Drilled thru Fitting Head

PEX Fitting Snugly Set into Hole

Added a little glue to secure in place

Completed Installation

Bolts Installed on the Cooler Drawer and Dish Cabinet

I finally received the Angle Eye switch  plugs with pig tails to complete the control panel wiring for all galley appliances.  When I received the Angle Eye switches, they had very small connecting pins on the back of the switch and the pins were so closely spaced, I didn't want to solder the wire to the switch, so I order the connecting sockets with pig tails.  I ordered the sockets from the same manufacturer as the switch and they cost about $2.50 each; problem is they came from Japan and took almost 1 month to arrive.

Control Panel with Angle Eye Switches

Pigtail Connectors

Wiring Diagram for Angle Eyes Switches

All Negative Wires get Bundled from Switch, Battery  and Appliance 

White Wire goes to Positive on Battery

Blue and Red  from Switch go to Positive on Appliance 



Brown Wire not Used - Clipped Off


All Working - Angle Eye is Illuminated only When Appliance is On 

Now on to the galley hatch and battery compartment lid.  Weather is getting nice, time to start getting serious about finishing this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment