Trailer Build - Week Twenty-Four - April 23, 2017


Before I skin the trailer in aluminum, I finished the electrical to the galley hatch with the 5 pin connector.  I purchased 2 rubber grommets at Home Depot to keep the connector wires from chafing in the penetration and it also gives a finished look to the installation.

5 Pin Connector End thru Hatch and Main Trailer

Secure Cable from Sliding Out with Wire Ties 

View of Cables From Galley Area


Connection Complete with Just Enough Cable Length


Picture of Grommet Installation


View with LED Fixture Installed

Lights Function Properly

Another View of Hatch Lights
I could have just run one continuous light strip across the hatch, but that would only be 40 inches wide, or the same width of the light across the galley bulkhead.  I wanted a different look, so I split the lights and pushed them towards the outside edges of the hatch to better light the work area.  These hatch lights are also multi-colored for night effects.

View of Hatch Lights Looking toward Passenger Side



Cabling Between Lights was Run up and over the Aluminum Rib Braces


No comments:

Post a Comment